There are 3 golf courses near by:
- The closest course to Skardon House is the 9-hole Pender Harbour Golf Course (approx. 4 km away).
- The Sechelt Golf and Country Club is an 18-hole course (approx. 30-minute drive).
- The Sunshine Coast Golf and Country Club is also an 18-hole course at Roberts Creek (9 km north of Gibsons; approx. 40-minute drive)
There are tons of tranquil coves to explore in a kayak or canoe— the best way to see the wildlife in the area.
- Sunshine Coast Resort is the closest place to rent boats, canoes, and kayaks. Call 1-888-883-9177 or 604-883-9177.
- A little further away is also Halfmoon Kayaks at Halfmoon Bay: 604-885-2948.
There is great salmon and cod fishing throughout the area.
- Sunshine Coast Resort (see above) offers guided fishing charters and fishing boat rentals.
- Also try Gerrans Bay Marina in Pender Harbour: 604-883-9120 or 1-888-844-0099.
There is an extensive network of biking and hiking trails in the area (including both easy and more difficult trails).
- For maps and detailed information, explore www.bigpacific.com or contact the Pender Harbour Visitors Information Centre in Madeira Park: 604-883-2561.
- There are quite a few provincial parks close by (Garden Bay Provincial Marine Park, Katherine Lake Park, John Daly Park, and Francis Point Marine Park, which is within walking distance from Skardon House).
There is great scuba diving in the Pender Harbour area.
- Try Gerrans Bay Marina in Pender Harbour: 604-883-9120 or 1-888-844-0099.
- There is also Suncoast Diving in Sechelt: 604-740-8006.
Ride up the mountain to approximately 1800 feet and you will have spectacular views of the ocean, the Caren Mountain Range, Mount Daniel, and Pender Harbour.
- Try Malaspina Ranch Resort (see their listing on www.bigpacific.com).
There are many great trails and roads to ride on and amazing sights to see while on a bike.
- You can rent mountain bikes at On the Edge Bike Shop in Sechelt: 604-885-4888.
For guided tours of local artisans, contact Artworks Tours and Workshops: 604-886-1200 or contact the Coast Cultural Alliance: 604-886-4278.
If you prefer to tour on your own, stop by the following studios/gift shops:
- Flying Anvil Studio and Gallery: 604-883-3660 at 6013 Garden Bay Road
- Water and Wind: 604-883-9911 at Madeira Park Centre
- Whisky Slough Woodcraft: 604-740-7665 at 12378 Hwy #101, Curtis Lumber Plaza, Madeira Park
- The Quilted Path: 604-883-2274 at 4982 Gonzales Road, Madeira Park
- Harbour Gallery Artists Co-op: 604-883-1369 at Madeira Park Cultural Centre
Sunshine Coast Tours: 604-883-2280 or 1-800-870-9055 (sightseeing groups, group kayaking, rafting, etc.)
- Express Water Taxi and Eco Tours: 604-883-3699 or 1-866-883-3699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pender Harbour and District Chamber of Commerce Visitor Info Centre, Madeira Park: 604-883-2561 (Note: Heli-tours are also available. Check with the Chamber of Commerce for more details.